ACCOMPLISHMENTS BY MY STUDENTS
I’m honored to have had the opportunity to offer critiques of the drafts of all the work featured here. I commend these writers for their focus and devotion, and I heartily congratulate them for these accomplishments.
- See above book covers
Stories & Essays (partial list)
- “The Faceless” by Kelli Fitzpatrick, flash fiction, Champion at Fiction War
- “Toxic” by Bruce Makie, short story, Pithead Chapel
- “It’s All About the Right Key” by Riham Adly, flash fiction, Writing in a Women’s Voice
- “Prettier than a Ballerina” by Riham Adly, flash fiction, CarpArte Journal (link forth coming)
- “Last Word” by Jeff Burd, flash fiction, BULL Magazine
- “Cemetery Visits” by Susan Paproki, flash nonfiction, Star 82 Review (link forthcoming)
- “All That We Have Shared” by Julia Poole, nonfiction, Minerva Rising
- “Penned In” by Gail Wallace Bozzano, short story, Cagibi
- “Pressure Cooker” by Kathleen Quigley, flash nonfiction, Stone Boat (scroll down for excerpt)
- “This is What She was Like” by Mary Terzino, flash fiction, Quail Bell Magazine
- “Sleepwalking” by Kelly Rothe, flash nonfiction, Great Smokies Review
- “Normal” by Lea Page, flash nonfiction, The Seventh Wave.
- “Darcy’s Law” by Heather Clitheroe, short story, Geeky Giving.
- “BJ, Are You There?” by Cat Wyatt, flash fiction; and “Real Calcutta” by Nancy Parshall, flash nonfiction; Dunes Review
- “Mourning Cloak” by Gail Wallace Bozzano, essay Cactus Heart.
- “Wrestling with Myself” by Julia Poole, essay Moon Magazine and in Motherlode: Essays on Parenting anthology.
- “Colorado Mining Memories” by Steven Wade Veatch, essay, Deposits Magazine.
- “Duty Rack” by Jerri Bell, flash fiction Pleiades Magazine.
- “Her Husband’s Stars” by Jerri Bell, flash fiction Consequence Magazine.
- “Where the Piano Stood” and “The Neighbors Will Take the Chickens” by Nancy Parshall, flash fiction, KYSO Flash online and print. “The Neighbors will Take the Chickens” was also nominated for Best of the Net Awards and published in Bear River Review.
- “Supposing She Dreamed This” by Gail Wallace Bozzano, short story, Grub Street.
- “Greyhound” by David Chatt, creative nonfiction, Great Smokies Review.
- “Shooting for Six” by Nancy Parshall, flash fiction, 101 Words.
- “When the Horses are Dead” by Nancy Parshall, flash fiction, Dime Show Review.
- “North Pole” by Steven Wade Veatch, essay, Ute Country News.
- “A Mother’s Journey” by Susan Radzilowski, essay, One Teacher in Ten: Third Edition (Beacon Press, 2015), edited by Kevin Jennings.
- “Cuts Both Ways” by Heather Clitheroe, short story, Lightspeed Magazine.
- “Wild Things Got to Go Free” by Heather Clitheroe, short story, Beneath Ceaseless Skies.
- “Coaltown” by Heather Clitheroe, short story, Genus Loci anthology.
- “Feels Like Despair” by Gail Wallace Bozzano, essay, Chicago Literati.