August 9, Connecticut
Katey will give a guest faculty reading as part of the Western Connecticut State University MFA in Creative Writing program. This event is free and open to the public. 7pm @ Cultural Alliance of Western Connecticut, 287 Main Street, Danbury, CT.
October 2, North Carolina
Official launch for Still Come Home. Enjoy a reading, celebration, and conversation between Katey Schultz and Abigail DeWitt (author of News of Our Loved Ones) as they discuss their literary friendship and celebrate the launch of Katey’s new book. 6pm @ Malaprop’s Bookstore, 55 Haywood Street, Asheville, NC.
October 9, Oregon
- Book Club brunch and author Q&A at home of Karen McCune in Beaverton, OR (invitation only)
- Celebrate Still Come Home with Katey in her home town of Portland, OR at the bookstore of her childhood! 7pm @ Annie Bloom’s Books, (7834 SW Capitol Hwy., Portland, OR).
October 19, livestream to Nevada
Book club Q&A with the author with the Reno Book Club hosted by Camille Malmquist (invitation only) @ 5pm Pacific/8pm Eastern.
October 29, livestream Washington D.C.
Book club Q&A with the author with the Washington D.C. Book Club Ritzy Ladies, hosted by Jan Elman Stout (invitation only) @ 7:30pm Eastern.
November 1, New York
Join the party at KGB Bar’s monthly F-Bomb Flash reading series, where Katey will read alongside a host of other flash writers in this speakeasy setting. 6:30-9pm @ 85 East 4th Street, New York City.
November 19, North Carolina
In-person book club Q&A with the author for the Black Mountain Book Club, hosted by Twila Martin (invitation only) @ 7pm.
December 1-3, Illinois
- Reading, meet ‘n’ greet, and conversation with authors Katey Schultz and Rita Dragonette at the home of Philip Hartigan and Patricia Ann McNair on Sunday, December 1 from 4-7pm. Contact the author for address and invitation.
- “The Genesis of Imagination and Story: A Reading and Conversation” with Katey Schultz, Anne-Marie Oomen, Patricia Ann McNair, Cyn Vargas, and Sahar Mustafah at Volumes Bookcafe (1474 N Milwaukee Ave, Chicago) on December 2 @ 7pm.
- Tuesday Funk at Hopleaf reading and conversation with authors Katey Schultz & Anne-Marie Oomen @ 7:30pm in the upstairs lounge at Hopleaf (5148 N. Clark, Chicago).
December 11, North Carolina
In-person book club Q&A with the author for the Penland Book Club, hosted by Lisa Schultz (invitation only) @ DT’s Coffee Shop @ 9:30am.
December 11, livestream to Massachusetts
Book club Q&A with the author hosted by Suzi Banks Baum’s Powder Keg class for writers. Register for the class in advance, in order to participate in this livestream. Livestream begins at 6:40pm from the Ramsdell Public Library in Housatonic, MA.
January 5-11, Tennessee
Katey coordinates 12 authors from across the United States at the Pentaculum annual writing residency at Arrowmont School of Arts & Crafts in Gatlinburg. Nightly readings and fireside chats (by invitation).
January 17, 2020 North Carolina
In-person book club Q&A with the author for the Bakersville Book Club, hosted by Barbara Middleton (invitation only) @ 2pm.
January 29, livestream to Oregon
Book club Q&A with the author with a Portland book club, hosted by Amy Alpern (invitation only) @ 9pm Eastern.
February 19, 2020 Illinois
Katey will read from her novel and take questions from the audience as part of the Columbia College Chicago Creative Writing Reading Series @ 5:30pm in the Stage Two Building at 618 S. Michigan Ave. This event is free and open to the public. (Non-student attendees will need to show ID and sign in with campus security upon entry.)
February 25, 2020 livestream to Michigan
Book club Q&A with the author with the Rockford Book Club hosted by Julia Poole (invitation only) @ 7:30pm Eastern.
March 15, North Carolina
Half-day flash fiction and flash nonfiction writing workshop through Flatiron Writers Room in Asheville. Course description and registration here.
March 19-21, 2020 New York
Featured author and presenter at Alfred University Literary Festival. Details forthcoming.
Katey Schultz and Anne-Marie Oomen led this annual, week-long, by-application residency focused on deep revision for advanced writers, at Interlochen Center for the Arts. Details forthcoming.
April 27, May 4, May 11, North Carolina
Three-session deep revision writing course through Flatiron Writers Room in Asheville. Course description and registration here.