- Big news! Still Come Home, a novel, will be published in 2019! Learn more here.
- “My Brothers and the Moon,” a short story, takes 1st place in Hypertext Magazine fiction contest!
- Novel excerpt from Still Come Home forthcoming in Hypertext Magazine and KYSO Flash, fall 2019.
- Novel excerpt from Still Come Home published in Wrath-Bearing Tree, August 2018 and Chapter 1 published in Consequence Magazine, April 2018
- Still Come Home listed as Finalist for theBig Moose Prize, the Dzanc Prize for Fiction, the Lee Smith Novel Prize and Semifinalist in the William Faulkner Wisdom Competition.
- Episode 212 of Red Clay Rambler podcast featuring public readings by Katey Schultz, Robert Vivian, and Nathan Ballingrud at Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts, January 2018. Listen here
Now through August 1, 2019
Accepting serious writing students for the 2019-2020 Monthly Mentorship season. Details here.
March 16, NC
Join Katey and Flatiron Writers Room for a brief workshop studying and experimenting with flash form writing. In this 4-hour course, you will: learn the defining traits of flash form writing, study noteworthy examples, write from prompts, and receive light feedback. You will leave the course feeling confident about scene, concision, and that elusive “so what?” factor that can turn anecdotal writing into a universally impactful narrative. Register here.
April 1 -May 5, 2019 Online
Join Katey for Into the Flash, her signature, 5-week online course in short form writing celebrating observation, creativity, mindfulness & metaphor. Details and early bird pricing HERE.
April 22-27, MI
Join Katey and author Anne-Marie Oomen for a week-long Deep Revision Retreat. This is a fully-immersive, facilitated writing residency that blends traditional instruction and self-guided writing time, with the end goal of revising a large portion of a full or partial manuscript. Curated in the spirit of uninterrupted focus, precise facilitation, and creative community, this residency is best suited for participants with a full or partial first draft (minimum) in fiction or nonfiction. Details here.
June 10-13, MI
Join Katey Schultz, Rebecca Makkai, Rebecca McClanahan, Eric Charles May, Christine Maul Rice, Anne-Marie Oomen, and Fleda Brown for th3 14th Annual Writers Retreat at Interlochen Center for the Arts. A sell-out event that makes memories, lasting connections, and provides transformative writing tools for fiction and nonfiction enthusiasts. Registration is OPEN!
July 8 Registration for AIRSTREAM DISPATCHES
Beginning July 8 the worldwide book club for writers, is open. Email me to get on the list for early bird pricing, book lists, and more!