- Novel excerpt from Still Come Home published in Wrath-Bearing Tree, August 2018 and Chapter 1 published in Consequence Magazine, April 2018
- Still Come Home listed as Finalist for the Black Lawrence Press Big Moose Prize and the Dzanc Books Prize for Fiction.
- “My Brothers and the Moon,” short story, selected as Finalist for Third Coast Fiction Contest
- Episode 212 of Red Clay Rambler podcast featuring public readings by Katey Schultz, Robert Vivian, and Nathan Ballingrud at Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts, January 2018. Listen here
- Essay series in Shambhala Times: One, Two and Three
May 15 & 16, 2018 ONLINE
Join Katey and the International Women’s Writing Guild for the monthly Conversant, a discussion about how your drive, or your intent, inform the conversation about what writers have “the right” to write about. More information here.
June 2018, MI
Join Katey and 6 other authors for the Interlochen College of Creative Arts Writers Retreat. This is a memorable event curated and directed by Katey, full of private craft classes and public readings. Full schedule and registration details are available here.
As a part of this event, Katey will give a free, public reading of new work on Wednesday, June 13 at 4:15pm in The Great Room of The Writing House on the campus of Interlochen Center for the Arts.
Now through Aug 15, ONLINE
Accepting serious writing students for the 2018-2019 Monthly Mentorship season. Details here.
July 9, 2018 Registration for Airstream Dispatches
Beginning July 9 the worldwide book club for writers, is open. Email me to get on the list for early bird pricing, book lists, and more!
Jan 2019, TN
Writing Coordinator and participant at Arrowmont School of Crafts’ annual, by-invitation arts residency featuring over 80 artists in 5 different mediums from across the United States.
February 2019, ONLINE
Join Katey for a 4-week online flash form writing course via Interlochen College of Creative Arts. Registration and syllabus forthcoming.
April 22 -27 2019, MI
Join Katey for a week-long Deep Revision Retreat. This is a fully-immersive, facilitated writing residency that blends traditional instruction and self-guided writing time, with the end goal of revising a large portion of a full or partial manuscript. Curated in the spirit of uninterrupted focus, precise facilitation, and creative community, this residency is best suited for participants with a full or partial first draft (minimum) in fiction or nonfiction. Email me for further information.
April 2019, ONLINE
Join Katey for Into the Flash, a 5-week online course in short form writing celebrating observation, creativity, mindfulness & metaphor. Details HERE.